Saturday, March 29, 2008

Tell me what you want, what you really really want!

Finally, the long traumatic wait came to an end. I finally got my official Spice Girls merchandise! It's a Spice Boy T-shirt! Uh-huh, slam yer body down and zig-a-zig uh.

Bought it from the online store at the girls' (or mothers) The Return of the Spice Girls tour like 2 months ago. I waited for 2 weeks, it didn't arrive, I started to get a bit worried. So I sent an email to the online shop operator, but there was no reply until 3 days later saying, "Your order has been posted last week and you should be receiving it soon." No greeting, no tracking number, no expected date of arrival, nothing. Another month passed, not a word from them. So I decided to throw BF and slapped them with this:

"It has been nearly a month now and I still haven't received the product I've ordered. Can somebody tell me what exactly happened to my package? How long does it need to take to arrive an unpopular country like Malaysia? How difficult for the package to be shipped? Is there any shipment tracking number I can refer to? Or was it being returned from the custom coz a Spice Girls t-shirt is not allowed in my country? And lastly, all I care about is the exact date when I can expect the order to arrive. I trust that the company is using a reliable courier service that can provide you with all these details. I'm beginning to wonder if this is all scam from the start... Pls explain."

No news until I send another short but not quite sweet note, "What's happening to my order???????????" Then I got a respond giving me (ohh, finally) the tracking number and indication of the date they had it posted. When I checked with Pos Malaysia, the shipment was already being returned back to Germany, where it all started, due to incomplete address. I was like, oh my fugod do I have to go through all of that again? Der dumme Deutsche actually put the house number, at the back of the Street. For example, instead of "No: 3, Jalan Jerman Bodoh", it became "Jalan Jerman Bodoh 3".

Another email weagain giving them my address, follow it and not mess with any of the alphabets or numbers. With all that, I finally got it. It looks cheap. Like one of those 'She's A Bitch' with an arrow pointing left 100 Thai Baht T-shirt from Chatuchak market, but I Absolutely love it!

I wouldn't have bought it if it's not just for the nostalgia, coz I love Spice Girls that I swear I will fly to the nearest most affordable country to watch the reunion concert (given that Beyonce was warned to cover-up in Malaysia hence her concert was canceled, I think Mel B and Geri would never ever going to be here unless they have their breasts removed). Too bad, they've made enough money to cover their milk powder and gotten tonnes of luxury bras and panties for life.

I am truly disappointed with the fact that the whole tour sounded like a half-past job, no commitment to their fans kind of thing. Whatever it is, we can't change anything, but in my humblest opinion, their solo careers flop to disaster. No matter how much I love them as a group, I'm not necessarily crazy over their solos. Come on, Victoria never had a 'career' in singing and yet looks like someone's wife people call a disease patient, Mel B lost her recording contract, and the No: 1 spot on Dancing with the Stars despite doing quite well, Geri was alright only with her one-gay-hit-wonders, Emma's Downtown probably gives Petula Clark heart-attack and more wrinkles, and last but not least... Mel C... she and her endless "focusing on my solo career" is all fantasy.

They should just get back together, stay the same, do more fun stuff, earn more money, and... hire Paula Abdul to choreograph their videos...???!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spice girls already Spice mama now, let's form Malaysia version of Spice girl ourselves.

Smel P

^^ Pontianak ^^ said...

Haha... and it will be a group of 5 transvestites running around in the car park in their video