Sunday, March 30, 2008

Looking >>>> Forward >>

Equation of a Great Record
There are just so many things that I'm desperately waiting or hoping to happen over the course of a month. At the top of my list of course is none other than the release of Mariah Carey's E=MC2. It will be out on April 15, and boy I'm totally hyped out about it! Just reading the exclusive reviews gets me even more excited:

"Overall, it’s an accomplished effort and we reckon it will follow in the footsteps of her last album by becoming a massive worldwide hit,"
-- E=MC2 Review |
Mariah Buzz

"Though E=MC2 feels extremely safe, there’s enough variation to signify some artistic growth... It’s only now that Mariah has worked up the courage to really spread her wings,"
-- Exclusive! Mariah Carey E=MC2 Preview |
VH1.com

Bangkok: Here I am, Once again
I'm going to Bangkok again. That's second on my list. If you think I'll be getting wet and ugly, partying with water there, you're absolutely wrong. I'm going to give Songkran a miss for the time being. Had it twice, and I feel the second time wasn't really that exciting anymore - plus, I lost one of the most expensive phones in the market there. Can't see how much fun I could brought back from the last trip.

Anyways, this time around, my journey will include watching Siam Niramit, one of the most grandiose plays taking the audience to a tour through Thai culture and history. Reading through the website reminds me of "The King & I" play I watched at Istana Budaya last year. Apart from that, of course, I'll be taking my retail therapy and shopping crazily for CDs, movies (Seasons Change, Ghost Station, Love of Siam), handcrafts, my camphor's running out of stock, and... facial and perhaps a daily dose of massage would be fantastic. Not so hadap for the club-scene really, but fancy to explore new bars.

Clown for the Managers
Next week, all managing consultants across offices from Asia Pacific will be here in Malaysia. I was tasked to provide them with some entertainment, putting together a sketch which involves everyone in the office. While we've got the idea to spoof one of the most popular talk shows on earth, but haven't really shared it with the rest of the team. The biggest challenge is to get that particular person to carry the most important role, but I'm not exactly sure if he would say yes to it. Asking a straight man to drag? And it feels like a lot of pressure doing this kind of thing because it involves other people's time and we don't know what would the managing consultants feel after watching it. Would they be insulted? Surprised? Would they enjoy it? Well, we'll see...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful of the petrol stations when you are in Bangkok, never ever go inside the toilets of the petrol kiosk. Wish you have a great trip there :)

Smel P

^^ Pontianak ^^ said...

Smel P - thanks for the advice, but if I'm not driving there, what makes me pee at one of the toilets there?

Camera Digital - thanks for dropping by and adding my blog in your blog roll. I'm sure your site makes a good reference for photography enthusiasts.