Thursday, April 10, 2008

Idols Pimped

It looks like the show knows exactly who to play-up and who deserves more attention from the stylist. There's an obvious difference between Carly Smithson, who wears nearly the same shit every week, shocking audience with her 99cent worth sleeveless T and David Cook, who has cool jackets, matching hairstyles and a more vibrant-look week after week.

To be honest, David Cook didn't really shine throughout the first few weeks. That was when he wore on the most ridiculous clothes and hairdo. It might come from his own selection and if that's the case, I must say his fashion sense is then worse than Carly. Until his originality came across strongly to the audience, this man suddenly looked like he had an overnight cosmo-surgery transformation or some sort. He's actually quite hot.

Don't know if AI pimps certain contestants that they believe have the potential to win, but I seriously think they do. Katherine McPhee is a very good example. I remember that she used to wear the kind of jeans and Simon Cowell-T that mothers wrap on before heading on to Carrefour, and in the middle of the competition, she started showing half of her boobs and, even accidentally revealed her thighs.


You see... favoritism is something we have to live with all the time, everywhere we go. People just have different idea and perception about certain people for some unique reasons. If they like you, then things will get a lot easier. If they don't like you, you may end-up dreaming about this person trying to run you over with a truck. And when that happens, we always wonder if things would eventually become better... sometimes I do try to work it out, but there are certain times I feel worth giving up.


Back to the competition - so I guess my perception towards Cook has changed. In fact, I do believe that Kristy Lee Cook isn't that bad after all. She has improved week on week and we all feel that she's trying very hard to stay as long as she could afford to. On the other hand, Brooke, one of my personal favorites (a-ha! favoritism) has been very inconsistent. I still couldn't get over with the horrible performance she did couple of weeks back. True enough, although David Archuleta did really good (and still cute), she can bore me to tears. That sums up my favorite contestants for the week.

The rest, oh well... that afro has to go. Michael Johns' high note was one of the freakiest sounds I've ever heard on the tele. David Cook had the worst performance on par with Carly Smithson, and Jason Castro's Somewhere Over the Rainbow was just okay, no big deal and I didn't like that version at all.

1 comment:

Shin Ying Tan said...

hey, i used you David Cook photos on my blog if that is okay. I will credit you if you want