Saturday, December 15, 2007

M by Mariah Carey

The inspiration for this fragrance was Mariah's magical presence and artistry. By combining two very contrasted notes, an exotic Tahitian Tiare flower with a deliciously warm marshmallow, we wanted to express Mariah's utmost femininity and undeniable sensuality in one strong statement. We then incorporated other facets, such as a Moroccan Incense Amber accord, to bring an element of mystery that lingers on skin. This harmonious balance of Mariah's favorite scents and memories is at the heart of this creation." - Carlos Benaim & Loc Dong

I'm probably the laziest person when it comes to blogging, but this post is a must as I'm about to share one of the most *beautiful* possessions of mine - M by Mariah Carey, the latest signature scent that the songbird dedicates to her fan. Not an expert in fragrance, but boy, this is the best fragrance I've ever bought for myself to date. Well, loving Mariah Carey did influence the decision, but I got to love it anyways.

Believe it or not, the first sniff of M at the Robinsons was enough to infuse my brain with sweetness, love, passion and finally the signal that said, "Get it, bitch!" One thing that I love most about M is the smooth, slightly creamy scent of vanilla it carries. I'm always obseSSed with vanilla, but it has been really hard to find one that is original, unique and natural. In my own opinion, M has it for me.

I later discovered that M combines 2 very contrasted notes - exotic Tahitian Tiare flower (god knows what the hell is that, must be something that won't survive in Malaysia) with marshmallow. Interesting! I didn't really care about the bottle actually, honestly I was only thinking about the scent. It has a glass cap of a butterfly resting upon petals of a blooming flower, with a silver roped collar. Something like that. Nice, but not really practical in case I need to pack it for my trips. What'eva... I have been using it since last week.

Yesterday, a reporter friend asked me what fragrance I was using. And I told him Mariah Carey. I think he was shocked. And the next question of course was, "Is it for male or female." That was a tough one, so I said, "I don't know, it looks unisex." In my mind, I was like thinking, "Obviously not for any men." It probably got him thinking too, "Faggot, you must be kidding me."

No comments: