Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Equation of Success

** Two things **
#1 - Love it!
#2 - Absolutely love it!

That sums up how much I love E=MC2. Was supposed to get it on the 15th itself, but too busy with work and all other things, but finally bought it on Friday and I've been listening to the CD non-stop! I'm totally addicted to E=MC2 now, I feel like wanting to be familiar with all the songs so that I can sing with the lyrics in my head.

The first thing I heard the moment I load in the CD was her signature high-pitch vocal in Migrate, a perfect introduction to my E=MC2 journey. That's for sure will annoy the shit out of the haters, but but I love the way it all started. Migrate and Touch My Body are probably not the best tracks because I grew to love MORE of E=MC2. Personal favorites include:
- Cruise Control
- I Stay in Love
- I'll be Loving You Long Time
- I'm That Chick
- Bye Bye

These are the perfect synergy of Mariah's ballads and the fresh, groovy R&B tracks. I'm That Chick in particular is a catchy track blended with the 70s beat. Absolutely gay, love it the first time I listened to it. I'm sure this would be one of the tracks that goes to the DJ, making the queens scream and alive at Marketplace.

The album closes with the last cut I Wish You Well, another worth-mentioning track in E=MC2. Beautiful, beautiful piano ballad with a clever layering of gospel-tinged vocals and Mariah's octave leaps. Reminds me of Fly Like A Bird from the previous album.

Well, this is it. The album that I'm waiting for. While I'm having a perfect time with the E=MC2, I'm very upset with the quality of the packaging... thanks to the local printers and manufacturers. The cover of the one I'm having is torn, and the poster has obvious and very bad folding marks. Swear it really looks like either it has been opened before and someone has got no clue how to fold things back, or the local manufacturers use banglas that can't fold banana leaves for nuts! Definitely exchanging it for a new one...



No comments: